Monday, January 3, 2011

Best Biscuits in the World

Words can hardly describe these biscuits!!!

Butter soft on the inside, pastry delicate on the outside...
For years I've been jealous of the soft fluffy biscuits made by Popeye's Fried Chicken. If you've ever eaten these wondrous melt in your mouth creations you know they're what other biscuits only dream about.

But since I have sworn off fast food for a year I resigned myself to my dull dry Bisquick cheater biscuits... And then no less than a miracle happened.. I found an easy (I'm all about easy) recipe in one of the cookbooks I brought home yesterday.

America's Test Kitchen (I guess I've been living in a cave since I didn't even know who or what these food guru's do). Anyway the first and by the way the easiest (did I mention I like easy) Cream Biscuit recipe was my first try and the rest is history.

America's Test Kitchen Cream Biscuits - 1
Bisquick Cheater Biscuits - 0

I no longer have to get a job with Popeye's just to find out their fluffy biscuit secret.

For now I'm going up river to buy more cream to make the Best Biscuits in the World,
Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment